Winter chalet popups by celebrity tastemakers are making the coldest season warm and cheerful for travelers across North American hotels and resorts in the IHG family, including InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, Vignette Collection and Hotel Indigo.
Until the end of February 2024, every hotel and resort in IHG is transforming into a welcoming winter wonderland with larger-than-life lobby installations created by renowned tastemakers Corey Damen Jenkins and Grammy-award winning musician Maren Morris.
Instead of hibernating for the rest of the season, these cozy-chic interiors, accompanied by a soundtrack designed to conjure up “feelings of warmth and gratitude,” along with chalet-inspired programming inspire you to get out of the house and celebrate winter.
WINTER CHALETS COME INDOORS
Reminiscent of a day on the slopes and the welcoming warmth of a mountain retreat, IHG hotels’ lobby chalets are a creative spin on a winter classic, with a goal of warming you up and keeping your spirits high during the winter with fine food, drinks and company. It’s all reminiscent of chic apres-ski, a cozy hearth and a home-away-from-home for the winter.
Seven hotels in the IHG family have taken the cozy chalet concept literally, installing bespoke 17-foot tall chalets in their lobbies. A welcoming bar in the chalets, serving up specialty beverages like Dulce de Leche Coffee and Alpine Negronis brings the apres-ski feel to life in these properties:
- InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta,
- InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile,
- Kimpton EPIC Hotel (Miami),
- Kimpton Sawyer Hotel (Sacramento),
- Kimpton Everly Hotel (Los Angeles),
- Hotel Indigo Los Angeles Downtown, and
- Hotel Indigo Williamsburg (Brooklyn).
You can even reserve the entire chalets for parties with the ones you want to cozy up to this winter.
Other hotels and resorts have chalet-inspired bar pop-ups, including:
- InterContinental New York Barclay,
- Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa,
- Kimpton Shorebreak Huntington Beach,
- Kimpton Armory Hotel Bozeman,
- Yours Truly DC, Vignette Collection, and
- Hotel Indigo Minneapolis Downtown.
BEYOND THE CHALET
Outside of the Winter Chalet installations and bar pop-ups, every luxury IHG hotel in the region offers chalet-inspired activities, inviting guests to while away the winter in style:
InterContinental Hotels & Resorts
- The Chalet Table: Participating InterContinental hotels offer a multi-sensory dining and cocktail experience that immerses guests in the sights, sounds and flavors of a luxurious alpine getaway. The Chalet Table is available for brunch, afternoon tea and dinner service for up to eight guests at participating properties including InterContinental Boston, InterContinental The Clement Monterey and InterContinental San Diego.
- Chalet Turndown: The Chalet Turndown service warms elite loyalty program guests’ end-of-day experience with wool slippers, masterfully crafted Hot Toddies as well as European cheeses and dried fruits at InterContinental New York Times Square, InterContinental Cleveland and InterContinental San Francisco.
Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants
- Cozy Chalet Getaway: Curated by a Cozy Concierge, the package features an ambient fireplace display on arrival; a cozy kit complete with Frette robe, blanket and fuzzy socks; two complimentary warm winter beverages, hot chocolate kit and dessert; as well as a selection of books, puzzles and board games for a relaxing night in a participating Kimpton hotel.
- Suite Chalet: Rooms and suites at participating hotels, such as Kimpton Hotel Eventi in NYC, Kimpton Sylvan Hotel in Atlanta and Kimpton Palladian Hotel in Seattle, enjoy a touch of Winter Chalet with themed decor complete with cozy goodies like mulled wine, seasonal snacks, vintage games, a portable turntable with vinyls and plush blankets.
- The Snow Globe Chalet at Kimpton Aertson Hotel (Nashville, Tenn.): Complete with the full dinner menu in addition to extras like s'more kits and specialty cocktails, The Snow Globe Chalet transports you to a chic alpine ski lodge for the ultimate dining experience.
- The Case Study Chalet & Lounge at Kimpton The Forum Hotel (Charlottesville, Va.): Every Friday and Saturday from 5 to 10 p.m. the hotel's onsite library transforms into The Case Study Chalet & Lounge, complete with seasonal drinks and fondue for parties of four, six or eight.
- Kimpton's Winter Social Password: The bi-annual secret social password is back December 1st - February 29th. Discoverable only on social media, guests can say 'Chalet All Day' to the front desk at all Kimptons and receive a special surprise during your stay.
- Winter Chalet Menu: This warming winter specialty menu brings friends together, complete with fondue, grazing boards and specialty cocktails and mocktails inspired by European comfort food. Participating hotels include Hotel Indigo Cleveland Downtown in Ohio, Hotel Indigo Guanajuato in Mexico, and Hotel Indigo San Antonio - Riverwalk.
- Petit Chalet: Guests are invited to get cozy at the Petit Chalet, offering mountain-inspired botanicals, chic blankets, classic board games, inspired music, themed cocktails and light bites around the bar. Participating hotels include Hotel Indigo San Diego Del Mar and Hotel Indigo Traverse City in Michigan, which also has a luxe in-room hotel package offering a cozy cabin in-room experience with cocktails, gourmet snacks, plush robes, board games and more.
- Winter Chalet Menu: Guests and locals are invited to enjoy a taste of "sorta South American'' cuisine at Mercy Me El Chalet, Yours Truly DC's specialty winter menu that guests can enjoy within the modern European mountain chalet built onto the patio.
START YOUR WINTER TRIP!
Top image: the Winter Chalet at Hotel Indigo Williamsburg. Photo Credit: Roger Davies
All rights reserved. You are welcome to share this material from this page, but it may not be copied, re-published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.